I saw something interesting in the paper today. It said that some recent studies of DDT, a commonly used pesticide many years ago, is still affecting people even though it has been illegal to use since 1972. The study said that any pregnant woman who was exposed to DDT passed the exposure on to her children, even her grandchildren. Children born now whose grandmother was exposed to DDT can have problems because of the pesticide. The study only was done with DDT, but we know some of the pesticides used now are not safe, but we don’t know if the hazards of the pesticides can be transmitted to children and grandchildren. It will be many years before this can be determined.
My suggestion is to never use toxic pesticides in your home, your business, in schools or any place else where anyone can be exposed to them. You can manage almost all pests yourself, without having your home sprayed with pesticides. If you have any pest questions, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org