All Creatures Great and Small

Never use Pesticides

You should never use toxic pesticides in your home, business, school or anywhere. Pesticides are hazardous to people when they are misused and even in cases where they are properly used. The most common pesticide group used are synthetic pyrethroids and studies have found that they can cause children to develop leukemia and lymphoma and they can cause pregnant women to have autistic children. These pesticides are frequently sprayed along the baseboards in homes and businesses, which is ridiculous.

Pesticides when generically used outside will kill a lot of bugs and that will affect animals that eat insects. Lizards and some mammals can get sick and so can many songbirds that eat insects. In fact, songbirds that eat insects are protected in NM and generically spraying pesticides can cause legal problems. This includes all insect eating birds represented by the several families of bluebirds, including the western and mountain bluebirds; also bobolinks, catbirds, chickadees, cuckoos, which includes the chaparral bird or roadrunner, flickers, flycatchers, grosbeaks, hummingbirds, kinglets, martins, meadowlarks, nighthawks or bull bats, nuthatches, orioles, robins, shrikes, swallows, swifts, tanagers, titmice, thrushes, vireos, warblers, waxwings, whippoorwills, woodpeckers, wrens, and all other perching birds which feed entirely or chiefly on insects. Any of these birds could be impacted by destroying the environment where they live.

Pesticides are often used carelessly, and they are very poorly regulated in many areas. There is no reason to use toxic pesticides to control most pests as there are plenty of non-toxic methods available. Why used pesticides to control pests when you can use non-toxic methods such as boric acid, beer, duct tape, newspapers, rubbing alcohol, dirty socks and others depending on the pest. There are even non-toxic termiticides available such as Altriset, and XT2000. Basically, toxic pesticides are nothing more than weapons of mass destruction and should never be used in schools, in medical facilities or in any public places. They don’t need to be used in homes either.

For insect control

You can kill any bug in your house with a mixture of water (40%), alcohol (40%) and liquid dish soap (20%). No need to ever use pesticides inside your home or business.

For weed control

Mix 1 gallon of white vinegar, 1/4 cup of liquid dish soap and 1 cup of table salt in a garden sprayer. Spray weeds generously, wait a couple days, they’re dead. No reason to use Roundup or other toxic herbicides

If you have any pest questions, you can contact me at askthebugman2013@gmail.com.

About askthebugman

I have been in the pest management industry for over 40 years. In that time I have used almost every pesticide available to control so-called “pests”. With this experience, I have learned over the years that the pesticides we use are far more dangerous than the pests we are trying to control. As a result, it has become a passion for me to improve the quality of life for humans and the planet, by assisting people to not only become more educated and aware of their environment – but also by learning to manage their home and business with a sustainable and healthier approach to tending to unwanted infestations of bugs. Please enjoy my blog posts, check out my publications, utilize my services, or simply stay in touch if you have a bug question…

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 218 other followers

%d bloggers like this: